Yes, i am on my second starbucks drink of the week! :)
While i was sitting here waiting for Heather i saw the sweetest thing! This man in a wheelchair came in and everyone who works here knew and greeted him, and then the lady that he was meeting said she would buy his drink, but then while he was waiting in line i saw another man who has been here the whole time get up and slip a card to one of the employees in the back. A few seconds later that employee came out and said "here's your coffee Richard, and guess what it's already paid for!" It was just too cute to watch Richards face and see how thankful he was and to see how much fun everyone who knew what had happened was having! :)
Gospel Meeting the last two days was wonderful! Thursday nights are very small, but so nice. Wednesdays are a little bigger and also very special. Some of the younger kids come to both, and a few of the young families do also.
2 comments:
When Kirstyn and Shawna were in grade school -- probably 2nd and 1st grades, we went to Happy Apple Kitchen for an after-school snack. I made them have soup instead of a milkshake. Some unknown person paid for it, telling the owner that it was good to see a mother taking care of her children. I was so tired that day, but that little kindness gave me a real boost. I'll probably always remember it. (And if you know anything about my memory, that's really saying something!)
Ah ha ha, I have to back up Mom's assertion about her memory... I totally don't remember ever having to have soup, I only remember the shakes!
Guess I don't have anything to add about the post itself-- but it's always nice to see that human kind is worth thinking the best of-- it makes any day better.
Post a Comment